The increasing pollutants and harsh UV rays have forced people to stay indoors. People with any skin type are faced with all types of skin problems. The skin problems range from pigmentation, itching to rashes and more severe conditions like yeast infections and skin irruptions. The cure for all skin types is found at home.
The natural ingredients are a safer try than artificial treatments. They are easily available in one’s kitchen. . Let us list few home remedies that can be practiced to ward of skin infections.
- Tomato: Licopene found in tomatoes are anti inflammatory and helps to heal and soothe skin rashes. Place sliced pieces of tomato on affected area till the juices dry.
- Aloe vera: The slimy substance found inside the aloe leaf is beneficial for both skin and hair. It clears acne and gives a cooling effect to the skin. It acts as a natural antibiotic and is rubbed on infections.
- Turmeric: The medicinal properties of turmeric are well known. It has anti septic and anti inflammatory functions. Skin infections like eczema, ringworms etc is cured by applying turmeric to the affected areas.
- Yoghurt: The good bacteria found in yoghurt controls yeast infections. Applying as well as including it in diet is recommended.
- Apple cider Vinegar: ACV as it is commonly known, it help get rid of yeast and fungal infections of the skin. Drinking it along with warm water, using it in baths and soaking the infected areas are some of its uses.
- Milk: It is clear that drinking milk has many benefits. Using it for its anti inflammatory function by applying on affected parts or taking milk baths reduces itchiness and calms the skin.
These home remedies are cures for all skin types when infections are mild. For severe infections consultation with a medical practitioner is recommended.